Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Über Driver Just Screwed Me!
My Uber account was once hacked, which was weird because I never linked a credit card to it but the person who hacked it did (I assume stolen). The person kept using it down in Georgia and I kept getting notifications. I tried canceling the account multiple times but they were able to reactivate it because of a flaw in the design of how they have the process built to cancel. I kept changing the password, but I believe they linked their cell phone as the recovery device so they could keep reactivating it. Basically to cancel you have to go into the website and cancel but if you go to the app again and sign in within a week it reactivates. I sent a bunch of emails to customer support and they each would send back one reply saying they fixed it then it got reactivated. Finally I sent them a nasty email telling them that any further activation of my account would be considered negligent business practice, as I had provided all relevant information required to permanently remove my account under their terms of service, and I'd pursue legal remedy against them. They replied back quickly permanently deleting their account and admitting they dropped the ball. Interestingly they refunded the credit card charges to whoever it was card the person was using too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Über Driver Just Screwed Me! - BFritz21 - 03-02-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Über Driver Just Screwed Me! - McC - 03-02-2018, 09:51 PM
RE: Über Driver Just Screwed Me! - Benton - 03-03-2018, 11:24 PM
RE: Über Driver Just Screwed Me! - Au165 - 03-07-2018, 10:06 AM