Poll: Which team would you rather root for?
Team A
Team B
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which team has been more successful?
(03-14-2018, 09:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's exactly how it is.  One team, the Bengals, are going with a steady approach.  It produces good teams, don't get me wrong.  The problem with it is, in my opinion, that it always leads the team to having a fatal flaw in the roster somewhere that gets exposed in games against upper echelon competition, especially in the post season.

The other philosophy is to "go all in", and supplement your draft picks with a solid to good FA or two to fill in those holes in the roster.  Or, change a stagnant coaching staff.  Sometimes it pays off, others it does not.  It's a bit risky, but when you hit, you can be rewarded with a deep playoff run or a bowl.

But in my experience fans don't really reward "trying".  No matter what people like to say around here it is all about wins and losses.  When a team has 6 straight losing seasons they don't say "Yeah, at least we are trying. I am so happy with our team."  Instead they say "Our team sucks.  I wish we were going to the playoffs every year."

Right now people are happy with Glenn and Pollack, but if our O-line stinks and we go 4-12 not one person here is going to be saying "I am happy even though we only won 4 games because at least we made some changes."

It just does not work that way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which team has been more successful? - fredtoast - 03-14-2018, 12:32 PM