Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just read Hobspin's media mock......
I'd take a RT in the first C in the second. If the bengals are even considering anything else it is just plain idiotic. We need to fix the offensive line once and for all. A good offensive line will make us 10 times better on offense. We have the weapons to put up points, we just don't have the offensive line to make it happen.

I can almost see mike brown and tobin thinking tj johnson is good enough at center, although he is definitely better than bovine. They probably think this scrub we picked up from the giants, ogbuehi, and fischer should be good enough at RT. That's just cringe worthy to think about; having three very below average tackles fighting it out for the RT position. It still means that whoever wins that camp battle you still have a bad RT.

The fact the bengals don't seem to value the center position is a serious problem. To even consider bovine for a 5 year contract made me wince. It shows, even after a horrible season on offense, mainly because of a bad offensive line, the bengals still don't value the center position. I'm a firm believer that the center position is as valuable as the left tackle.

The center sets up the line calls. He's the qb of the offensive line. He's the one snapping the ball, which is an extremely underrated quality to have. A qb usually has 2.5 second to let it go, and if he spends 1 second lunging down to grab the ball, then back to a cocked position, that's a wasted second. That could be the difference between finding someone open and not finding someone open. How many times did we see bovine snap the ball down by daltons feet; too many to even count.

The center also is probably more important in the run game than the tackles because most runs are up the middle or through the gaps. If the center gets blown off the line of scrimmage, a run up the middle or through the gaps is usually going to get stopped for a loss.

On top of all that, a good offensive line means a much better offense, which in turn helps out the defense because they are on the field less and have to defend less snaps. This allows them to be a lot fresher when they are out on the field. There is nothing worse than an offense continually going three and out and putting enormous pressure on the defense to have to go out there without any time to get their wind back.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just read Hobspin's media mock...... - wolverine515151 - 03-23-2018, 09:29 PM