Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good was Bengals '17 draft.
Most people claim our '17 draft was a disappointment because our #1 pick did nothing.  But overll we had 6 draft picks who played over 25% of the team snaps (not counting special teams) Lawson 42%, Mixon 40%, Glasglow 36%, Willis 31%,  Evans 27%, and Malone 26%.  That is very rare for us.  In fact it is the same number from our last 4 drafts combined ('16 Boyd 68%, '15 Kroft 33%, '14 Hill 47% and Bodine 100%, '13 Bernard 54% and Eifert 59%).

I think most fans see Lawson and Mixon as being top level starters. 

I think Josh Malone will be a solid starting NFL WR but that is just specualtion at this point. 

I don't know if Glasgow, Willis, or Evans will ever be top players but I think they will contribute a lot in rotation.  These type of players are important because it takes a deep roster to win consitently.

If Ross develops into a starter then '17 will be considered one of our better drafts in a long time. (Especially if you count the starting PK for the Eagles)

I even still have hopes for Brandon Wilson.  He might be able to stick on the roster because of his return skills
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How good was Bengals '17 draft. - fredtoast - 03-25-2018, 12:59 PM
RE: How good was Bengals '17 draft. - McC - 03-25-2018, 02:17 PM