Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good was Bengals '17 draft.
(03-25-2018, 10:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I hear a lot of people say stuff like "The Bengals used to draft well, but not any more" or "The Bengals had a couple of good drafts a few years ago, but that was just a fluke" or "It's been a while since we had a good draft".

Maybe they are not specifically complaining about 2017, but they are lumping it in with the weaker drafts we have had in the last few years.

It looks like it could pan out well with Mixon/Lawson.

As you are frequently quick to point out when defending MJ, Willis has shown nothing to get overly excited about as of yet.  Glasgow is a nice backup.  Evans is a work in progress and is another player that will be a good ST player, but hasn't shown enough to be penciled in as a starting-caliber player yet.  I like Brandon Wilson.  Ross is an enigma at this point.  I liked the pick, to be honest.  Like you, I also am a big fan of Malone.

Other than Mixon, which one of those players is a surefire starter for the next 5 years?

2017's crop will go a long way if it's as good as you seem to think.  If that's the case, then there should be zero reason to retain guys like LaFell and MJ when you have players like Willis and Malone waiting in the wings to pick up where they've left off.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How good was Bengals '17 draft. - McC - 03-25-2018, 02:17 PM
RE: How good was Bengals '17 draft. - samhain - 03-25-2018, 10:29 PM