Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I think Ross produces this year
Let me just start by saying that I love T.J. Houshmandzadeh.  

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Houshmandzadeh-re-routing-Ross/de40289d-9089-4811-b932-c2aadc2c1e66 

He's got what I want every Bengals player to have: 

A competitor's stuff between the ears and in the heart.   The dude knows what's up and he ALWAYS wants it.   Even an old soccer dad knows that wanting it is half the battle.  It's why I love Burfict and loved Jones.

Having said that here's why I like Ross to be a significant contributor this fall:
  1. He's finally 100% healthy (obviously he has to stay that way Ninja )
  2. He's motivated.  Dude wants to improve
  3. He's taking the initiative
  4. He's found the right guy to school him.   Housh knows the game inside and out.  And when I hear him say that there's only a few guys that really know how to get separation like he and the Ocho used to do, I get excited about the possibilities.
  5. He's working out with a contemporary who is known for his savvy, aggressiveness and toughness.
  6. Housh says Ross is not just a speedy little twig.   "He's got some thickness to him".   In size he's very similar to Antonio Brown
  7. A large part of Housh's approach is to give Ross a reason to believe in himself and recapture his confidence
  8. The plan is for Ross and Housh to work together a matter of months
  9. They've already started and Ross wants more.  
Part of the prospects for a good season depend on having enough players on the roster who are Likely to be better.   I like Lawson, Evans, Brandon Wilson, Willis, Glascow, Billings, Ross, Boyd, Malone, Redmon, Westerman and Mixon all to be better. 

Add to that the additions of Glen, Brown, Baker and (hopefully) significant contributors at center, tackle, DT and OLB and you have to be encouraged.  That's a lot of potentially improved position groups.   And much of it is already on the roster.

But Ross by being better by himself is a very exciting prospect

Here's to the 2018 Kool Aide roadside stand.

Drink up!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why I think Ross produces this year - 3wt - 04-06-2018, 12:43 PM