Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018
We can do this again after the draft, as I will surely fall in love with some late round player Tongue , but I thought this would be a fun subject. Your dark horse would be the player that no one has great expectations for, but you believe could have a breakout season. Your dud is the opposite: someone that people are counting on for a big year and it just isn't going to happen, in your eyes.

My dark horse: Tyler Boyd. Maybe he isn't that dark (not racist Hilarious ) but he had a really good rookie season, and finished last year with a big game at Baltimore. I don't know what happened to him last year, early on, but he seemed to not be a big part of the game plan. The kid may not have Ross's speed, but he has great hands and length in the slot. Being a second round pick, he has two more years under this contract, and could be extended after this year if he has a great season. If Dalton is kept clean and the new offense has a solid rushing attack, Dalton should have no problem approaching 4500 yards. For him to do that, Boyd will have a be a big contributor.

My dud: Tyler Eifert. It is nothing personal about the guy. I think he has had terrible luck. He has great talent, but the way he comes across to me in interviews seems like a guy that is relying on "hope" of being healthy, and just letting his natural abilities take over. Seems easy enough, but I was hoping to see a guy that dedicated himself to the weight room to get stronger and more physical. I want to see him determined to make people calling him China Doll (I am not one of them) eat their words. I just don't see that kind of fire in the guy. I think Kroft might actually end up the season with more TDs than Eifert.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018 - SHRacerX - 04-07-2018, 10:00 AM