Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018
(04-07-2018, 07:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Stud: RG Christian Westerman - I think Westerman steps into the role and the Bengals do NOT spend a high draft pick on a G.

Dud: Andy Dalton - The offensive line and running game are better this season, but I predict Dalton does NOT improve and continues his erratic play - to the team's detriment. In typical fashion after having nowhere to turn, this will lead the Dalton gang to then blame the kicker, Randy Bullock, for Andy's poor performances. 2015 gets further and further away in the rear view mirror.

Ouch on Dalton.

I think Westerman is a great selection, and I think he and Redmond allow the Bengals to focus on other spots (center, RT possibly, but they did sign Hart to compete with Fisher).  It also provides the Bengals a back up plan to Glenn if he is injured (and it doesn't have to be Ced O, thank God):  You can slide Boling to LT, Westerman to LG and have Redmond at RG.  We had no real back up plan last year to Ced and finally made a switch once the season was over.  Lazor won't wait this year if it isn't working.  

The drafting of the right center is very crucial to this team's success in 2018 (no shit, right?)  I am hoping for Price or Ragnow.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give me your dark horse and your dud for 2018 - SHRacerX - 04-08-2018, 09:35 AM