Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotrac projects Iloka's contract: 4 yr- 28.5m
(08-24-2015, 02:15 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Your opinion of where exactly he's ranked isn't necessarily the issue, it's how you get there that becomes the outlandish part.

1. Using a handful of free safeties to determine where George stands as a strong safety doesn't make much sense.

2. Using a completely hypothetical national poll which is purely conjecture at this point to justify your ranking is just absurd.

I'd feel that your opinion is valid if you had legitimate reasons. So far, I haven't seen anything even though we've explained what George does better than the others around the league. If you're not willing to explain why those guys are better safeties than him, don't act so surprised when you get this type of response. Don't complain about people not taking you seriously when the basis of your argument revolves around casual fans hypothetical opinions and "they're better because I said they're better".

I don't have the time nor do I care to break down every S and give you reasons why they are better.  That would take a very long time.  I've never even done that for Andy Dalton and we all know where I stand with that guy. 

The bottom line is that I think this message forum has overhyped Iloka based upon a PFF stat. While I consider advanced analytics a part of the game that plays a role; I also have eyes and watch the games. I don't see him making an impact in games as I do some of the other players I have mentioned.  In fact, based upon the eye ball test you could make a case that Nelson is better than Iloka.

PFF comes up with all types of stats which results in mediocre players that are ranked very high, and vise versa. 

Also, you are too caught up with the example I brought up about polling the fans. I could easily change that and say writers of America or NFL GMs and I still think the same thought would hold true; that Iloka is a S ranked between 10-20.

This isn't some absurd notion....the only absurd notion is that you think ranking him between 10-20 is absurd.    
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spotrac projects Iloka's contract: 4 yr- 28.5m - CornerBlitz - 08-24-2015, 04:10 PM