Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with the old in with the new
(05-14-2018, 12:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's a good amount of catches considering the opportunities he got. The guy has been reliable at everything we've asked him to do, and there were a lot of critical 3rd downs mixed in those 18 catches. He also produced well with 251 yards and 1 TD. I will say this though, through 2 years, he's been a very mediocre punt returner, and he regressed as a kick returner last year. I don't think we can trade him for anything.

I like his potential as a decent slot guy, but he's never going to be Wes Welker. That said, I'd rather cut the overrated (and less useful) Cody Core than Erickson, who can play slot or reliably return kicks if need be.

Agree with this 100%. When Andy has had time to get through his progressions deep enough, and pulls the trigger towards Erickson, Alex has shown he is reliable to catch it, and has converted numerous important 3rd downs for us. As for his regression in returns, I think that has more to do with ST's regressing and him not having as good of blocking.  And while I have nothing against Core, he hasn't really shown anything yet. If it comes down to who's more reliable, they have to keep Erickson over Core.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Out with the old in with the new - TKUHL - 05-14-2018, 12:58 AM
RE: Out with the old in with the new - 3wt - 05-15-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Out with the old in with the new - Sled21 - 05-14-2018, 01:46 PM
RE: Out with the old in with the new - 3wt - 05-15-2018, 07:22 PM