Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with the old in with the new
(05-14-2018, 05:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's serviceable as long as he's not called on to play full time. The fact he can play SAM and Mike makes him valuable, as it seems we are inundated with WILLs...... the more you can do.....

I think the Burfict suspension makes him safe. Despite his recent performance, his versatility and starting experience will probably be valued.

(05-15-2018, 07:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was reading and nodding until you took a shot at my guy, Core.  Just like Fej on defense, there is always an underdog that I am rooting for and on offense, it has been Core.  That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth to what you said.  I just feel like Core had a great finish to 2016 (with no AJ Green opposite him) and he got injured at the worst possible time last year and never seemed to get another shot.  

I hope he stays healthy this year and shows he could be a strong option at X in rotation with Ross.  Lafell should move to the slot to back up Boyd.  I think Core would have to have an amazing camp and preseason to dethrone the guy that the Bengals seem to think so highly of, but he doesn't really offer much as an X receiver in Lafell.  

I don't hate Core. I just value versatility in the bottom-of-the-depth-chart guys. Erickson's return experience makes him more valuable, IMO.

Plus when I think of Core, I think of Cobi Hamilton, Armon Binns, Dez Briscoe, etc...and now Auden Tate (that guy isn't getting hype yet?). I can't help that. We always have some late round WR that people love.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Out with the old in with the new - TKUHL - 05-14-2018, 12:58 AM
RE: Out with the old in with the new - 3wt - 05-15-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Out with the old in with the new - Shake n Blake - 05-15-2018, 02:19 PM
RE: Out with the old in with the new - 3wt - 05-15-2018, 07:22 PM