Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are The Browns Playoff Contenders?
(07-03-2018, 06:06 PM)kevin Wrote: NO, the Browns are NOT play-off contenders.  The 0-16 Browns. The Browns who have won only 1 game in 2 years under Hue.  See Fans are stupid. Every year Browns change quarterbacks, coaches, owners so every year fans think this means play-offs.  NO, it only mean inconsistency. Too many firings, Too many changes each and every year.  The Browns are a revolving door of futility. The Browns are a boat with no rudder going around in circles always in last place. So the Browns made even more changes, still going in circles. The truth is, the Browns have not gone 1-31 for no reason. They have HUGE problems at every position on the field. On Defense, many problems. On Offense, many problems.  The Browns may have addressed some areas to improve to a 4-12 season. 6-10 would be a miracle. No way this team goes from 1-31 to play-offs.  You are forgetting Steelers and Ravens have great defenses and great play-off type teams and if Bengals have Blocking they will be back as a play-off contenddo r.  So go ahead and bet all the money you have on the 1-31 Browns in play-offs, and you might as well buy swamp land and let somebody sell you the Brooklyn Bridge while you are at it. A 4 or 6 win season would be a major turnaround for Browns.  The 1-31 Browns have many huge holes on offense and defense and if you don't see that, you have on the rose colored glasses.

Steelers and Ravens still sit above this division because of great defense and good offense. With Blocking, The Bengals can challenge for AFC North  because of good defense and blocking will improve offense and defense.  Last place for the Browns again. Look, 1-31 is 1-31 and Browns have a long way to go just to win 4 or 6 games in a season.  While Bengals won 13 games in last 2 years, Browns only won 1.  I think the Bengals will have improved blocking to contend. There isn't anything about the Browns to think play-offs, unless you've been in the hot tub too much with Hue Jackson. Get out of the Hue Jackson hot tub, not only is he not that great, but he should be very close to getting fired. If fired, No, I don't want him back in Cincy. His split offensive line is stupid and it never works. NFL Defenses are too smart for Hue gimmicks.

Here's what some of you do. Load up your Fantasy teams with all Browns offense and defense. Clinch last place in your league early. I've noticed in Fantasy Football you are way ahead if you have players going up against the Browns each week, because the Browns give up big numbers.  Again, this is the AFC North. The 1-31 Browns are years away from passing the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals in the standings.

If I didn't know better I'd assume you don't put much stock in the Browns.. 
I'm definitely not a Browns fan, but if by magic they do suddenly start winning more than 3 or 4 games per season I really really really hope those 3-4 wins come at the Squats and Rats expense .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are The Browns Playoff Contenders? - grampahol - 07-06-2018, 09:11 PM