Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth?
(06-11-2018, 10:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, I can't remember being happy/excited about Zampese being promoted.  In fact, what I recall is the majority of opinions on here were that it was a lazy hire.  With hindsight being 20/20, we can look back and clearly see that the pitchfork and torch crowd was correct on that occasion.

Yep.....I remember it being called a lazy hire as well.  It seems the pitchfork and torch crowd has been correct quite a bit over the last couple of seasons.  Right about Ced, Zamp, Bodine, letting Whit and Z go, letting Reggie Nelson go, Piano Man being a much bigger detriment than folks realized (see run game coordinator), etc.  I'm hoping these moves pan out like I think they will.  Hey, at least they tried. For a change.

(06-11-2018, 11:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It was more "we're stuck with him so let's convince ourselves he's gonna be ok" than anything else, I realize.  I think it came down to people wanting to blame Hue for our offense being too convoluted or cute or whatever.  So yeah, it was less optimism and more people trying to find possible positives.

Ah.....I gotcha.  That makes sense.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-11-2018, 11:07 AM