Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hubbard "way ahead of the curve"
(06-20-2018, 05:56 PM)3wt Wrote: From what I've seen MJ sets a pretty good edge in the run game, but has been ineffective rushing the passer from the edge.   He's been pretty successful inside on the passing downs.

I think it will depend how the rookie Brown pans out.   If he can at least equal what MJ brings MJ will be gone.   But MJ wasn't bad in his new role last year.

Don't forget about Rolland Jones. Who knows if he blows up in Preseason.

Did nearly take Suggs record in college for sacks.

The thing is with MJ is he is just expensive for what he brings to the table as just an inside rusher on 3rd downs.

(06-20-2018, 05:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hubbard has a football IQ that is just off the charts.  His experience in the back end of the defense, as an All-State Safety in HS, and then as a DE in college, have really given him the opportunity to diagnose plays and player tendencies from multiple perspectives.  This is the type of player that is going to deliver far beyond what his physical limitations might indicate as possible.

Great post as always Sunset, plus we all know how Marv will not play guys who aren't up to par mentally at times.

Was really surprised both Hubbard and Jefferson fell out of the 2nd round but with Jefferson's history i just hope he
is not all talent and is another Paul Dawson for us. Lots of us had high hopes for him and he just never caught on.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hubbard "way ahead of the curve" - McC - 06-20-2018, 05:47 PM
RE: Hubbard "way ahead of the curve" - 3wt - 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM
RE: Hubbard "way ahead of the curve" - McC - 06-20-2018, 07:06 PM
RE: Hubbard "way ahead of the curve" - McC - 06-20-2018, 07:10 PM
RE: Hubbard "way ahead of the curve" - McC - 06-20-2018, 07:20 PM
RE: Hubbard "way ahead of the curve" - 3wt - 06-20-2018, 06:19 PM
RE: Hubbard "way ahead of the curve" - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-20-2018, 06:15 PM