Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green won't push for more money
(07-02-2018, 01:07 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I think Green is like Atkins, where the team is willing to take the L on production late in his career just because of what he's meant. That said, they still won't overpay. If Green is still a Pro Bowler at 32 - and willing to move to the slot (which he has said he'd do when he knows he's lost a step) - I can see the team keeping him around at market value. Green wants to go to the HOF, though, so I could see him also examining the Super Bowl chances at that point knowing that it's getting harder and harder for receivers to get in and such things do matter to voters. It'll be interesting to see what he's thinking after next year when the team wants to talk extension.

And I see Green showing what appears to be frustration with the coaches, Andy and other players at times (as well as - mostly - himself).  No one wants to beat his head against the wall when his teammates are underperforming.

If there isn't a bit of a sea change this year, I could see him looking for greener pasture.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green won't push for more money - 3wt - 07-02-2018, 03:39 PM