Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work High.
Has anyone ever had that adrenaline work high that lasted for weeks? I've been busy as crap the last few weeks. However, being an operations mgr, I often live in depression due to an over abundance of critical thinking. The company has not set any goals for me. I'm kinda like one of those guys that don't need it. On my worst day, I'm trying to make the donuts (money) for the company. Always coming up with new ideas even if they suck just to get another viewpoint, which leads me around the block to find the right decision from another angle. My mind runs rampant on how to win. And that's what it is. It's all about winning. Building a legacy. Building trust and a good team.

Good anything is hard to achieve in the competitive world. There always seems to be someone who is better, or lurks in the shadows and next thing you know, they surpass you. Although, I'm currently the one lurking in the shadows. Some of the things we are doing is going to blow the competition out of the water. Pretty stoked about it. WTS, I worked for my company a few years ago, then took a better paying position elsewhere. Things went sour after, but not because I left. Just because it did.

Now I've been back a little over a year. Employees are happy. Strategies are working and the future seems so bright we all have to wear shades  Cool

Yet, I've been here before. There's always that emotional crash. Then everything you helped create becomes overwhelming. It becomes no longer enjoyable, but stressful and agonizing. My last place I worked I rose to the top pretty quickly. Built a great team. Trained people like position players. Everyone had a job to do and when the occasion rose for them, they nailed it. If they failed, which was seldom, I took the heat. Made people not afraid to make decisions. Loved it. However, became 24/7 job. I'm not 30 anymore. 

I'm on a high now. Been that way for weeks. Wish it would last forever. Yet, I know it wont. That sucks!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Work High. - HarleyDog - 07-01-2018, 06:18 PM
RE: Work High. - mallorian69 - 07-02-2018, 09:26 AM
RE: Work High. - Benton - 07-03-2018, 03:02 PM
RE: Work High. - fredtoast - 07-03-2018, 03:15 PM
RE: Work High. - Tiger Teeth - 07-03-2018, 05:28 PM
RE: Work High. - HarleyDog - 07-04-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: Work High. - Tiger Teeth - 07-04-2018, 10:22 AM
RE: Work High. - grampahol - 07-05-2018, 02:03 PM
RE: Work High. - CKwi88 - 07-05-2018, 02:08 PM