Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daugherty: Can Andy Dalton reach the 'elevation' the Cincinnati Bengals need?
(07-27-2018, 04:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Daugherty has never been a fan of Dalton - this is fine, but it should be noted.

2. Foles himself was elevated by brilliant coaching. Something we sorely lack. Pederson and Reich were both former QB's who knew how to make Foles comfy and play to his strengths. They were very RPO heavy once Foles took over. On the other hand, the Bengals seem to go with yearly "themes" and try to squeeze the round peg into the square hole.

The only time I heard serious talk about playing to Dalton's strengths was 2015, when Hue said he removed a lot of routes Dalton wasn't comfortable throwing. 

3. "The horses Dalton has ridden over his seven years could fill out a Derby field." - Really Paul? Aside from AJ Green, who are these horses? 

Our run game has looked like this under Dalton:

2011: 19th in yards - 27th in yards per carry
2012: 18th in yards - 20th in yards per carry
2013: 18th in yards - 28th in yards per carry
2014:   6th in yards - 12th in yards per carry
2015: 13th in yards - 23rd in yards per carry
2016: 13th in yards - 23rd in yards per carry
2017: 31st in yards - 29th in yards per carry

Over this 7 year span, that has to be one of the least effective run games in the NFL.

As for other receivers, the only years he had a good #2 WR was 2013 and 2015...seasons which saw Dalton set franchise records for yards, TD's and passer rating. Every other year, guys were hurt or his #2 was someone like Jerome Simpson, Armon Binns or Brandon LaFell. The TE position has been a mixed bag at best with Gresham, a few games of Eifert and mediocre guys like Kroft and Uzomah. 

Sure, the Bengals have tried to draft help for Dalton, but it mostly hasn't panned out with anyone besides Green and a couple years of Marvin Jones.

That stuck out to me as well when I read this the other day.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Daugherty: Can Andy Dalton reach the 'elevation' the Cincinnati Bengals need? - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-30-2018, 03:38 PM