Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton's last 200 NFL pass attempts
(08-26-2015, 04:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Michael Bennett from the Seahawks said it best: Quarterback is the only position in the NFL where you can be mediocre and still get paid. Ladies and gentlemen..... I give you Andy Dalton.

I have been trying to explain this to people here for a while.  A top 20 QB is a very valuable thing.  There are not enough "average" QBs for every team to have one, and they are not that easy to find.  Projecting college QBs to the NFL is a total crap shoot, and there are no good or "average" QBs on the free agent market because when a team gets one they lock him up with a long term contract.

Dalton is just one year removed from finishing 3rd in tds, 7th in yards, and 15th in passer rating.  And that was with a bunch of inexperienced receivers and a weak running game.

Dalton doesn't get injured and he almost never fumbles.  Of the 27 QBs who have at least 30 starts during Daltons career only only QB has a better games played to fumble ratio.  Matt Ryan has fumbled once every 3.56 games to Dalton's 3.37.

But I don't think he could survive here with another playoff clunker.  It would just be too much for him to bear up under.  He would need a change of scenery.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton's last 200 NFL pass attempts - fredtoast - 08-27-2015, 02:29 PM