Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st half observations (v.Cowboys)
Wow, where to begin. What a painful half of football to watch, for a Bengal fan..

First of all, the OL is still very much a "work in progress". They clearly couldn't open any holes, when rushing to either side of the line.

Second thing that jumps out at me? The rushing defense is still terrible. If Zeke Elliott had been in the game, it could have been ugly..

Now, I will say that the Bengals never had field position on their side, and the refs were letting Dallas get a bit grabby on their TD drive. However, that does not excuse the inability to stop the run, or cover a TE. Hell they made some no-name TE look like a young Jason Witten out there.

Of individual note?

Driskell is not good. He locks on, and stares down his receiver, the entire defense gets there at the same time as the ball. This should put a rest to the "Driskell for backup" debate.

Dre K. is more of a sly dog than I've given him credit for. After getting his ass rolled by the Cowboys' tackle, he comes back the next play to take Zach Martin out of the game. Nice work Dre, nice work.

CJ Uzomah might not be a bust. He might just need to be more involved in the offense.

Billings? He ain't the man, yet. On 3rd and 1, he ended up on his back, blocked right out of the play.

Cordy Glenn? He won't ever be mistaken for Whitworth, but he seems to be getting the job done.

Billy Price? No penalties, no bad snaps. Only good rushing play came up the middle.

Bobby Hart? He didn't suck, but he wasn't a badass either. He might be alright.

Redmond? I didn't notice any particular screw ups, but the pile didn't move as much as I had hoped it would, on his side of the ball.

Andy Dalton? Seemed to revert back to "I only see AJ" mode, once the defense proved stout.

I'm sure that I missed a few details, but those are my thoughts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
1st half observations (v.Cowboys) - SunsetBengal - 08-18-2018, 09:44 PM