Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Insider ranks Bengals #2 receiving corps in the NFL
(08-27-2015, 06:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I was met with a lot of resistance in 2013, when I said Dalton had easily top 10 weapons. I've argued that they've been above average ever since he's been here. Take this receiver ranking and now consider the quality of both his backs, in both rushing and receiving, not to mention the offensive line. What you have is top 5 talent surrounding Andy for this season. There should be zero excuses. And that goes for everyone. Andy, Marvin, Hue, Mike, etc...

All that said, I disagree with a few of these rankings.

The first being, that there is no way our corp is better than Detroit's. Not even possible. Calvin > AJ. Tate > Jones.

Pittsburgh should probably be higher as well. You can easily argue that Brown is better than AJ. At the very least they're equal. I would take Marcus Wheaton, Martavius Bryant, and Lance Moore over Jones, Sanu, and Tate/Moore.

Atlanta is tough. What you're really asking is: Is Marvin Jones better than Roddy White? Doubtful, although White is getting up there in age.

Demayrius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders are a pretty tough duo. I'm not sure we can beat that either.

If I had to rank our corp I'd probably put us in the 4-6 range.

Lots of potential with a little experience and a little production. in 2013 outside of AJ green
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Insider ranks Bengals #2 receiving corps in the NFL - XenoMorph - 08-28-2015, 01:42 PM