Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dupree & Williams admit to trying to "exact revenge" for Shazier injury
(10-11-2018, 12:38 PM)Deacon Wrote: Chemtrails. Razor blades in halloween candy. CIA mind control. All have about as much to do with what's going on as the Rooneys and their one vote out of 32 on commissioner. 

I mean, I hate the Steelers as much as the next guy but this kind of talk makes us sound like we should be wearing tinfoil hats. You're letting them get in your head. You know why we get our asses handed to us by Pitt? They're trying to win a football game, we're trying to fight them on every front possible. If we, and subsequently, our players, didn't get wrapped up in this crap and focused on the game, I think the team and we as fans would be a lot better off.

This is a pretty ignorant post.

A bit of research might serve you better than the random heavy condescension. Do even the most basic of basic research and you'll find that Dan Rooney and Roger Goodell were an item even before he became commissioner. They were very close. It's never been a secret.

- - - - - - - - - -

http://www.gctelegram.com/4b0636e1-921c-5cfe-a378-d69999a9be4c.html

Quote:“I don’t think there are any figures more important than Dan Rooney over the years,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Quote:The two men forged a friendship long before Dan Rooney knocked on Goodell’s hotel room door in 2006 to inform him he had just been elected commissioner.

“I can’t think of anyone I was closer to in the NFL, by far,” Goodell said. “I just admired him on every single level. He was a friend, a mentor, almost a father-like figure for so many years, well before I became commissioner. We would speak almost every day about the league, about different issues, the history of the game, the importance of things, what made the league successful."
Quote:Goodell helped keep the Steelers in the Rooney family during the transformation of the franchise ownership in 2008. Some of Rooney’s brothers investigated selling the team to billionaire hedge fund manager Stanley Druckenmller, a Pittsburgh native. While Druckenmiller promised to keep the Rooneys running the Steelers, Goodell preferred they remain under Rooney ownership.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread