Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Kellerman says Steelers should 'thank the refs'
(10-15-2018, 12:23 AM)Shepdawg Wrote:    This is why I no longer watch the NFL or spend money on it.  I simply no longer believe that the athletes on the field are the determining factor in the majority of games.  I had seen in almost every game I used to watch, bad call after bad call favoring certain teams.  If I wanted to view sports entertainment where the outcome is pre-determined, I would still watch the WWE.  IMO, the NFL now is basically the equivalent of the WWE.  Every bad call the Steelers get against the Bengals is somehow explained away with BS.                                                                                                                                                                 
   That play was a pick play, plain and simple and it is 100% illegal 100% of the time.  I have seen picks called that were far less egregious.  The defender, was blocked plain and simple.  He was trying to follow Brown to the inside, not initiate contact with Hunter. FFS why would the defender initiate the contact that takes himself out of the play?  Who believes the Bengals get that no call for the win in Pittsburg?                                                                                                
    This excuse from the NFL is almost as bad as Shazier's head shot against Gio being explained away with the phantom "he didn't line him up" excuse.  Which everyone knows appears no where in the rule book at all.  Or the "We saw Joey Porter on the field and knew it was a penalty, but we made the decision to not throw a flag because we felt he was out there out of concern for Antonio Brown."  It has gotten beyond the point of being ridiculous.  

Wonder what bullshit excuse he would offer for the holding call on Dre when the offensive player (Brown) ran to Dre, held him, then flailed as if he was being held.  That would have been 4th and 10, but instead it was first down.  Oh, and for good measure, MJ was held (his arm) as he tried to chase down the pig.

The only thing we can hope for is a fair game down the stretch, because the NFL needs their legion of fat, uneducated losers glued to their TV following the steelers.  That is their biggest fan base.  They can't lose them (they would be done for the year) this early in the season. 

No one cares when the Bengals get screwed, because it is a small fan base and market.  The NFL is beyond stupid in this mindset as roughly half of their fan bases are giving up because they know their team doesn't have a chance at a fair game.  I wanted to vomit watching what the officiating did to the Browns against the Raiders.  The league just loves big markets.  But they are too stupid to realize that the other markets are dying and won't be interested in WWE crap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kellerman says Steelers should 'thank the refs' - SHRacerX - 10-15-2018, 07:34 AM