Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Like Our Chances Going Forward
(11-22-2018, 11:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: IKR?!

I mean, below average to average years are really something to get excited about, aren't they? 

Watching a team get their face kicked in multiple times a year really inspires me!

One of the differences with the Bengals is that other fanbases can generally get optimistic during losing seasons (not that this is a dire, awful season...but we've seen a few) about who their new HC or GM etc. will be.  We've had the same GM and HC for a combined, what...42 years or so?  We don't get that sort of "we stink, but let's chat about what will change" sort of homerism. I'm not saying turnover is the key to success, but it does make for a more optimistic message board.

Things going well? Yay
Things not going so well? Let's get pumped about who might take over for the guys who are currently failing

We haven't changed HC or GM or made big trades or FA signings etc. That stuff leads to people being a bit more engaged and at least positive...though, I think fans are mostly overly-optimistic and delusional. I doubt it is a coincidence our franchise makes few changes and we as fans spend the off-seasons getting optimistic about how great our WR bench could be. Gotta find optimism somewhere, eh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Like Our Chances Going Forward - Nately120 - 11-22-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: I Like Our Chances Going Forward - N_B - 11-22-2018, 11:11 PM