Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you dislike about the NFL
(12-10-2018, 01:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Whoo boy.

1. Roger Goodell/NFL owners - Goodell has really made the NFL feel like WWE at times. Telling fans to bring on the boo's was clown show stuff.
2. The over-emphasis on offense has cheapened the game. Mahomes is awesome, but would he be throwing for 5000 yards and 50 TD's 10 years ago?
3. Politics (this seems to be dying down, thankfully)
4. The NFL seems to have more "grey area" rules than any other sport. Rules that can conveniently be interpreted any way the ref decides.
5. The parody myth. I don't feel like looking it up again, but something like 7 teams (Packers, Patriots, Steelers, Giants, Cowboys, Broncos, 49ers) have won over half of all Super Bowls. While many teams (around 8-10) haven't won even 1.

I could go on, but those are the 5 that jump out to me.
The parody myth is real. It's a parody of what football should be.  Pairity is really fake .
The part that bothers me the most is the attempted illusion that the game isn't rigged .
It's become almost pure theatrics anymore and  the league decides who will win and who will lose with the ridiculous so called officiating.
When one team can break the rules with near complete impunity while others are penalized out of contention you know the game is rigged.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things you dislike about the NFL - grampahol - 12-10-2018, 07:47 PM
RE: Things you dislike about the NFL - McC - 12-11-2018, 09:27 PM
RE: Things you dislike about the NFL - J24 - 12-11-2018, 12:07 AM