Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Mike McCarthy Please
There are lots of outstanding posts in Jungle Noise about the Front Office scheduling interviews with young, innovative coaches from the Sean McVay and Bill Belichick coaching trees. I think this is a promising trend but I want to posit the idea of interviewing Mike McCarthy who was released by the Packers a few weeks ago.

If Cincinnati wants to win the Super Bowl I think it’s prudent to interview a head coach who won a Super Bowl. Also, bringing in McCarthy to at least talk to the Front Office raises the possibility of a reunion with Alex Van Pelt, Aaron Rodgers’ quarterback coach from Green Bay who now coaches Andy Dalton.

What is Mike’s emphasis? Offensive line! He passionately believed in keeping Aaron Rodgers as clean as possible to allow deep plays to develop. Finally, I remember a few years ago when the Packers’ outstanding right tackle, Bryan Bulaga, went down with an injury and his backup performed expertly. This means McCarthy develops quality depth not just excellent starters.

If Mike Brown wants a young innovative head coach that’s fine but Mike McCarthy is innovative in his own right with the side benefit of being a consistent champion and Super Bowl winner.

Mike McCarthy is worth a serious look. Cleveland has already scheduled an interview with him and I think Cincinnati needs to do the same.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Interview Mike McCarthy Please - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-01-2019, 12:03 PM
RE: Interview Mike McCarthy Please - McC - 01-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Interview Mike McCarthy Please - bjf123 - 01-01-2019, 09:52 PM