Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday
(01-04-2019, 09:18 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's funny you say that I don't think one of those teams have a better D line than us, I could maybe see Eagles but that's close. The issue is they have better second level coverage linebackers than us by far. When your second level takes away the quick dump off passes it let's your front get home. I think fixing the LBing group has to be priority one this off season even more so than O line because most of our defensive issues are related to the complete shit show at LB.

I think we tend to overstate the value of guys like Dunlap and Geno...I love those guys, but does their game elevate at the most crucial times in the biggest games?  And if those teams don't have a better D line than us, do you pin it all on the LBs?

Regardless, the synergy of a good defense is clearly not happening on this team.  And I have stated numerous times that I don't think our scheme gets the most out of our players.  I think it saps their energy, if anything.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday - SHRacerX - 01-04-2019, 04:25 PM