Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What player was your biggest disappointment this year.
(01-04-2019, 03:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lost a game on Madden ?

Yeah maybe Mixon fumbled in his madden super bowl, at the goal line, during the game winning drive.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:43 PM)redwood Wrote: I'm a tad puzzled. I was hip before there were hipsters, but what is  an " NPC" and is it bad?   Will antibiotics cure it?

Anyways, We KNOW there will be changes. We HOPE  we will not have half our starters injured.

NPC stands for Non-playable Character.  Someone who can't think for themselves and is coded to spout what he is told.

Dalton is bad.  Newton is good. 

Ask them why? 

Stats and articles in which pundits an media has said so.  Not because of any in depth analysis in which the accuracy of the 2 QBs are looked at. 

You see, Newton's INC are not because his WRs aren't open or because they have dropped the ball.  Most of his are because he is way off target.  Sure he has been accurate and has made some great throws.  Dalton has some inaccurate throws but most of his INCs are due to the WR not catching the pass.  You will see the ball hit the WR in the hands and slip through.

Same thing with WRs.  Unless a WR is a certain size and speed, there is a belief that he isn't a good WR.  Then there are Chris Hogan, Wes Welker, Danny Amendola and Jordy Nelson type WRs that aren't those sizes and speeds and all they do is get open, catch passes and win Superbowls.

I remember one game last year where the announcers were breaking down Nick Foles.  He had just thrown an INC, the announcer kept going on and on about how Foles needs to throw the ball better and be more accurate and that he will never be as good as Wentz because of missing those types of passes.  I found this as odd since I had seen Wentz miss on that exact same throw earlier in the season but the announcer of that game said that the OLine needed to block better and give Wentz more time, and that the WR needs to be "at his spot" on time and to make that catch. 

You see an NPC would think that Foles is terrible and that Wentz is great.  The announcers told them to think that.  However it is possible that they are both good QBs, not great, not terrible but good serviceable QBs that can win games.  Foles has proven that he can actually win a SB, he needs the stars aligned, but he can win one when they do.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lost a game on Madden ?

Don't play Madden.... maybe that is why you NPCs love Mixon so much.... Madden told you to.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon had 16 carries on third down with one or two yards to go.  He converted 12 first downs and a TD.

No he was not.  You just made that up

The REAL numbers are speaking.  Not only are you not listening to them you are just making stuff up.

Fred... 4th and 1 against the Steelers.... Why not give the ball to Mixon...

Oh Wait... YOU said because he couldn't get the 1st down.

YOUR own words.
Reply/Quote
This screams either jaded Steeler fan because his teams wheels are falling off. Or a super confident, pompous Browns fan that is still riding that almost .500 high.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: List all the current RBs you say are better than Mixon.

And what is an "NPC"?

I already answered NPC... however google it.

This is a loaded question. As better than Mixon doesn't mean the race is close, but more so that out of the list that is where Mixon fell to.  For instance:
Kamara is better than Mixon, however AK is way better than Mixon but because there are only a finite amount of RBs it would look like AK is only slightly better based off of a list.

However to indulge you, no particular order:

Barkley
Kamara
Ingram
Gurley
Hunt
Lynch (Oakland has him looking bad)
Lyndsey
McCaffrey
Chubb
Michel
Freeman
Conner
Bell

I could probably name a few more.  However that should suffice.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:28 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: This screams either jaded Steeler fan because his teams wheels are falling off. Or a super confident, pompous Browns fan that is still riding that almost .500 high.

Yeah, because a thread asking who was the biggest disappointment and a player that NPC fanboys love is mentioned makes the person have to be something other than a Bengals fan.

Maybe I am just tired of NPCs not wanting to have serious discussions about this team and only call for things like "Eric Bienemy for HC".  Or "Pat Mahomes is awesome".  They then take to attacking anyone that doesn't agree with the narrative.  The narrative that Mixon is a good RB comes from the belief that he would have been a top 10 pick if not for his video.  The reality was that he might not have even gone in the 1st round even without that video.

Only NPCs believe the narrative.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Everyone getting trolled by this Yscascadia right now. Either that or this is the chick he punched when he was 17.

So you support him punching a woman? 

Just when I thought the fan base couldn't get any dumber.  Someone comes our mocking a woman getting punched....  SMDH
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:42 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Yeah, because a thread asking who was the biggest disappointment and a player that NPC fanboys love is mentioned makes the person have to be something other than a Bengals fan.

Maybe I am just tired of NPCs not wanting to have serious discussions about this team and only call for things like "Eric Bienemy for HC".  Or "Pat Mahomes is awesome".  They then take to attacking anyone that doesn't agree with the narrative.  The narrative that Mixon is a good RB comes from the belief that he would have been a top 10 pick if not for his video.  The reality was that he might not have even gone in the 1st round even without that video.

Only NPCs believe the narrative.

Well good for you if your disappointed with mixon obviously no one agrees..     AFC Leading rusher while missing 2 games is better than any other rookie RBs this year.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if this cascadia has already burned his Antonio Brown Footy Pajamas, or of hes going to hold onto them in hopes they can iron things out up there in Pittsburgh?

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:36 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: I already answered NPC... however google it.

This is a loaded question. As better than Mixon doesn't mean the race is close, but more so that out of the list that is where Mixon fell to.  For instance:
Kamara is better than Mixon, however AK is way better than Mixon but because there are only a finite amount of RBs it would look like AK is only slightly better based off of a list.

However to indulge you, no particular order:

Barkley
Kamara
Ingram
Gurley
Hunt
Lynch (Oakland has him looking bad)
Lyndsey
McCaffrey
Chubb
Michel
Freeman
Conner
Bell

I could probably name a few more.  However that should suffice.

You done lost your mind...

On top of that, Zeke is better than half the backs you listed.

Marshawn Lynch? Are you back there in 2013?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 11:17 AM)Wyche Wrote: Shawn Williams led the team in INTs with 5.

My apologies, I misunderstood the commentary during the broadcast when they said it was his first touchdown at any level.  Sad 

Thought they were referring to # of ints on season. ugh. I wasn't even drunk at that point either.
Reply/Quote