Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What player was your biggest disappointment this year.
(01-04-2019, 11:48 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: The NPC speaks again and says the same things that the other NPCs say.

"I watch the games"

OK, then why did we not convert 3rd and short more this year with this "great" RB?  I know that against the Steelers this year we had 3rd and short, Mixon is stopped, brings up 4th and 1.  I was screaming for us to go for it, not caring if we converted or not, but if we had a great RB then I would have expected us to convert.  Fredtoast defended the decision to punt. 

The following week, 4th and 1, does Mixon convert?  Nope turnover on downs.  Great RBs convert more than they are stopped no matter who their OLine is.  Mixon doesn't.

More NPC speak, from you "you're a troll" then call me a hipster... lol, hipsters go with the grain with the illusion of going against it.

I could care less about you valuing my opinion... the truth doesn't need many people to believe it to be the truth, the truth is simply that, the truth.  

Poor, bad, weak, scared RB's don't gain 1,168 yards rushing at 4.9 a carry behind one of the worst lines in the NFL. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 11:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Poor, bad, weak, scared RB's don't gain 1,168 yards rushing at 4.9 a carry behind one of the worst lines in the NFL. 

Sure they do when they are given the ball as many times that Mixon got it.

If Mixon was as good as the NPCs claim then he should have had more yards and higher YPC when considering the amount of times he was given the ball, especially after Dalton went down.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:00 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Sure they do when they are given the ball as many times that Mixon got it.

If Mixon was as good as the NPCs claim then he should have had more yards and higher YPC when considering the amount of times he was given the ball, especially after Dalton went down.  

With all the holes on this team, if you think Joe Mixon is a concern you need to take up watching a new sport. The man averaged 4.9 YPC. Same number as Gurley, and just behind Barkley and McCaffrey with a terrible offensive line and absolutely no weapons on the field the last several games of the season. Lack of toughness? The guy came back from knee surgery after missing just two games. He's one of the few players on this team who shows any passion or fire on the field. You may not like the guy from a personal standpoint given his past, and that's fair, but this team has WAY more things to worry about than this guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:15 PM)Fullrock Wrote: With all the holes on this team, if you think Joe Mixon is a concern you need to take up watching a new sport. The man averaged 4.9 YPC. Same number as Gurley, and just behind Barkley and McCaffrey with a terrible offensive line and absolutely no weapons on the field the last several games of the season. Lack of toughness? The guy came back from knee surgery after missing just two games. He's one of the few players on this team who shows any passion or fire on the field. You may not like the guy from a personal standpoint given his past, and that's fair, but this team has WAY more things to worry about than this guy.

NPC with a strawman argument.

Never said Mixon was a concern.... only that based off of the hype, he is a disappointment.  Again I am still waiting for me to like this guy, since I was against his drafting and was told that when he just dominates and takes over games and we win that I would begin to love him.  Well 2nd year, same result, no dominating performance.   

Never said that this team should draft a RB to replace him.  We do need OLine help big time.  Especially at the OT position.  We could use better LBers and possibly some DLine help as well.  

Mixon is soft.  His knee surgery wasn't a bad break, just a clean out, one that has a 2-4 week resting period.  Again NPCs love them some Mixon by conflating events to try and elevate Mixon to being better than he actually is.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:25 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: NPC with a strawman argument.

Never said Mixon was a concern.... only that based off of the hype, he is a disappointment.  Again I am still waiting for me to like this guy, since I was against his drafting and was told that when he just dominates and takes over games and we win that I would begin to love him.  Well 2nd year, same result, no dominating performance.   

Never said that this team should draft a RB to replace him.  We do need OLine help big time.  Especially at the OT position.  We could use better LBers and possibly some DLine help as well.  

Mixon is soft.  His knee surgery wasn't a bad break, just a clean out, one that has a 2-4 week resting period.  Again NPCs love them some Mixon by conflating events to try and elevate Mixon to being better than he actually is.

Strawman argument? LOL. More like you have an axe to grind.

Mixon had the 8th most carries in the league and the 4th most rushing yards. What more would you like him to do? The 3 guys ahead of him in rushing yards were Zeke, Barkley, and Gurley.

Carries - Zeke 304, Barkley 261, Gurley 256, Mixon 237

YPC - Zeke 4.72, Barkley 5.01, Gurley 4.89, Mixon 4.93

The numbers speak for themselves. You're embarrassing yourself with this nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:33 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Strawman argument? LOL. More like you have an axe to grind.

Mixon had the 8th most carries in the league and the 4th most rushing yards. What more would you like him to do? The 3 guys ahead of him in rushing yards were Zeke, Barkley, and Gurley.

Carries - Zeke 304, Barkley 261, Gurley 256, Mixon 237

YPC - Zeke 4.72, Barkley 5.01, Gurley 4.89, Mixon 4.93

The numbers speak for themselves. You're embarrassing yourself with this nonsense.

No, you seem to be the one embarrassing yourself.  Again you NPCs can't fathom facts and will twist to support you false narratives.

How many 3rd and short did Mixon get stopped on?

Oh, sure he got 1 and 2 yards and OCCASIONALLY broke for a gain.  However he got stopped more when a 1st down was needed, and got most of his yards on a 1st and 2nd down when the defense got caught flat.  Make sure you understand what I am saying here.  Those yards weren't because Mixon was so good, it was because someone else wasn't paying attention.

He only scored 12 TDs rushing and 1 TD receiving.  Why is that?  If he is so good then why are you not focusing on the TDs and only focusing on Carries and YPC?  Why not look at the TDs?

Barkley... 11 TDs rushing and 4 TDs receiving

You using Zeke is proof of your NPC status, since you think he is a good RB.  Must be the love of Ohio state players that this board has, bet you want Haskins?  Here is how terrible and overrated Zeke is... 6 TDs rushing and 3 receiving.

Gurley... 17 rushing 4 receiving.

The numbers are speaking, you just don't want to listen.  Keep up salivating on the overrated players.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 01:43 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: How many 3rd and short did Mixon get stopped on?

Mixon had 16 carries on third down with one or two yards to go.  He converted 12 first downs and a TD.

(01-04-2019, 01:43 PM)YsCascadia Wrote:  However he got stopped more when a 1st down was needed,

No he was not.  You just made that up

(01-04-2019, 01:43 PM)YsCascadia Wrote:  The numbers are speaking, you just don't want to listen.  

The REAL numbers are speaking.  Not only are you not listening to them you are just making stuff up.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 01:43 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: No, you seem to be the one embarrassing yourself.  Again you NPCs can't fathom facts and will twist to support you false narratives.

How many 3rd and short did Mixon get stopped on?

Oh, sure he got 1 and 2 yards and OCCASIONALLY broke for a gain.  However he got stopped more when a 1st down was needed, and got most of his yards on a 1st and 2nd down when the defense got caught flat.  Make sure you understand what I am saying here.  Those yards weren't because Mixon was so good, it was because someone else wasn't paying attention.

He only scored 12 TDs rushing and 1 TD receiving.  Why is that?  If he is so good then why are you not focusing on the TDs and only focusing on Carries and YPC?  Why not look at the TDs?

Barkley... 11 TDs rushing and 4 TDs receiving

You using Zeke is proof of your NPC status, since you think he is a good RB.  Must be the love of Ohio state players that this board has, bet you want Haskins?  Here is how terrible and overrated Zeke is... 6 TDs rushing and 3 receiving.

Gurley... 17 rushing 4 receiving.

The numbers are speaking, you just don't want to listen.  Keep up salivating on the overrated players.

Keep embarrassing yourself IFL. See what you IFL's don't understand is when your arguments are weak, everyone on the board with any semblance of football knowledge is laughing at you.

Thanks for proving my point with the TD numbers. You really think 13 TD's in 14 games is bad? Yet you use Barkley's 15 TD's in 16 games to support your argument?

I have no idea how many 3rd and short situations Mixon was stopped on. It's your argument so provide the stats.

I am far from an Ohio State fan so nice try. If you don't think Zeke has been one of the top backs in the league the last 3 years you need to have your head examined as the ultimate IFL. 40 games, 5247 total yards, 34 TD. Both of his two full seasons over 2000 total yards in each. I could care less about a down year in TD numbers because some of that is completely out of the player's control.

So unless you have some actual numbers that back up your argument about Mixon I'm done with the nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 01:43 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: He only scored 12 TDs rushing and 1 TD receiving.  Why is that? 

Because he played for the 26th ranked offense that was not in scoring position very often.

Gurley score 8 more TDs than Mixon, but the Rams offense scored 15 more tds than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
guys A.J green had less TDs than Jon Ross, obviously Ross is the better receiver
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 11:48 AM)YsCascadia Wrote: The NPC speaks again and says the same things that the other NPCs say.

"I watch the games"

OK, then why did we not convert 3rd and short more this year with this "great" RB?  I know that against the Steelers this year we had 3rd and short, Mixon is stopped, brings up 4th and 1.  I was screaming for us to go for it, not caring if we converted or not, but if we had a great RB then I would have expected us to convert.  Fredtoast defended the decision to punt. 

The following week, 4th and 1, does Mixon convert?  Nope turnover on downs.  Great RBs convert more than they are stopped no matter who their OLine is.  Mixon doesn't.

More NPC speak, from you "you're a troll" then call me a hipster... lol, hipsters go with the grain with the illusion of going against it.

I could care less about you valuing my opinion... the truth doesn't need many people to believe it to be the truth, the truth is simply that, the truth.  
I'm a tad puzzled. I was hip before there were hipsters, but what is  an " NPC" and is it bad?   Will antibiotics cure it?

Anyways, We KNOW there will be changes. We HOPE  we will not have half our starters injured.
Reply/Quote
Johnny Townsend of the Raiders had 1 rush for 42 yards, that's 42 yards per carry. The numbers speak for themselves !

Rumor has it the Giants have offered Barkley up for him. We better package A.J, Mixon, Boyd, and Geno and get him first.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:33 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Keep embarrassing yourself IFL. See what you IFL's don't understand is when your arguments are weak, everyone on the board with any semblance of football knowledge is laughing at you.

Thanks for proving my point with the TD numbers. You really think 13 TD's in 14 games is bad? Yet you use Barkley's 15 TD's in 16 games to support your argument?

I have no idea how many 3rd and short situations Mixon was stopped on. It's your argument so provide the stats.

I am far from an Ohio State fan so nice try. If you don't think Zeke has been one of the top backs in the league the last 3 years you need to have your head examined as the ultimate IFL. 40 games, 5247 total yards, 34 TD. Both of his two full seasons over 2000 total yards in each. I could care less about a down year in TD numbers because some of that is completely out of the player's control.

So unless you have some actual numbers that back up your argument about Mixon I'm done with the nonsense.

I am glad an NPC is "done" with nonsense and will continue to spout off that Mixon is the best.  Since the pundits all said that he would have been a top ten pick if not for that video.

You see NPCs can't think for themselves and think that the majority being on their side makes them right.

The TD numbers show that Mixon is average.  Not a superstar, take over games, put the team on his back to victory but an average back that needs a good OLine to be successful.  Then after getting the good OLine, the NPCs will shout that they were right all along about Mixon even though his success is due to other people around him playing better, not that he is actually better.

Zeke is overrated, for as many "dominant" performances he has had some less memorable ones.  Keep up being an NPC.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 02:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Johnny Townsend of the Raiders had 1 rush for 42 yards, that's 42 yards per carry. The numbers speak for themselves !

Rumor has it the Giants have offered Barkley up for him. We better package A.J, Mixon, Boyd, and Geno and get him first.

This is peak NPC.... taking the argument of other NPCs and trying to make that the point of the person standing against the NPCs. 

According to you and all of the other NPCs 42 YPC does mean he is great.  Why?  Mixon YPC is 4.9.... so he has a higher YPC. 

I haven't argued that YPC is important, nor really any stat.  I don't even care about the TD.  However the NPCs on this board have tried to use that stat to fanboy and defend an average RB.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:00 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Sure they do when they are given the ball as many times that Mixon got it.

List all the current RBs you say are better than Mixon.

And what is an "NPC"?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: List all the current RBs you say are better than Mixon.

And what is an "NPC"?

Non-Playable-Character.

He’s saying we’re all vanilla § can’t think for ourselves lol.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Everyone getting trolled by this Yscascadia right now. Either that or this is the chick he punched when he was 17.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:08 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: This is peak NPC.... taking the argument of other NPCs and trying to make that the point of the person standing against the NPCs. 

According to you and all of the other NPCs 42 YPC does mean he is great.  Why?  Mixon YPC is 4.9.... so he has a higher YPC. 

I haven't argued that YPC is important, nor really any stat.  I don't even care about the TD.  However the NPCs on this board have tried to use that stat to fanboy and defend an average RB.

Define an "above average" running back please.

If yards per carry, total yards, and TD's don't matter. I'm anxious to hear what metrics you use.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Everyone getting trolled by this Yscascadia right now. Either that or this is the chick he punched when he was 17.

Lost a game on Madden ?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 03:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Everyone getting trolled by this Yscascadia right now. Either that or this is the chick he punched when he was 17.

people haven't learned not to keep feeding the troll
Reply/Quote