Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
(01-07-2019, 12:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm really not defensive about anything my friend.  If you'll read back in this thread, I'm for trading/cutting everyone if we're going full rebuild.  If the new guy thinks he can win with what we have, then so be it.  Having said that, you know all to well that even the best players will ultimately fail if coaching doesn't put them in the best position to win, or doesn't adapt to player strenghts; i.e., shoving round pegs in square holes.  Look at Pig Pen's first SB win....he had a 35 passer rating. Mellow  Marvin was a mediocre HC at best.  At the first sign of adversity over the years, like INTs or fumbles, his teams folded.  Then they melted down when they had one in the bag.

I can go either way, full on rebuild, or giving these guys another shot with fresh ideas.  There's no denying the team has major holes now, but in years past, that was not the case.  His record against Pitt is almost unfathomable.  Now there's talk of him going there.

EDIT:  Look at our own history at what Sam Wyche did against a team full of HOFers in the SB with his QB nursing a bum shoulder, and his starting NT going out early.  That's what I'm getting at here....innovation.  We lost.....but Sam's innovative ideas made a team with one HOFer a juggernaut for a stretch.

Yea, it does play a big part. I guess what I am saying is I am not so sure it's as cookie cutter as we believe. I can go either way as well. I think one year with the new HC would be a better idea. See what they can do. But idk... just seems like so many holes to fill that I am not sure how much a new HC can really elevate this team without nailing a few positions in the meantime. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we should trade Dalton and Green - Hoofhearted - 01-07-2019, 01:35 PM