Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG! It's the Steelers defense in action!
(09-12-2015, 02:31 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Well, if defenses want to play off, then the Ben will take those easy gains all day. It keeps the offense moving and Brown is always a threat to break tackles for even bigger gains. Picking up a basically uncontested 7 yards on 1st and 10 is a win every time. It doesn't matter what the offense is based around, 5 catches and 64 yards to a receiver in 1 half is not keeping the guy in check.

Out of his 9 catches and 133 yards, 2 catches and 24 yards came in the 4th quarter. LOL Too bad I didn't look that up before I responded to rfualk because that 1 liner is all I needed to say to laugh him off.

Pick plays are typically designed to help a guy beat tight coverage, and designed to get one specific player the ball. Brown is great at them because he is a great yac WR, but you can't discount that they are designed plays to get the ball into his hands. Because the Steelers run them so much, You're not just going to shut Brown down. The goal is to limit big plays and yac yardage, which the Pats did a fair job of. Taking into account the sack he took, you're looking at 56 yards on 6 touches, which is not that great for a WR, and doesn't take into account incomplete passes thrown his way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OMG! It's the Steelers defense in action! - Whatever - 09-12-2015, 03:02 PM