Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I see a lot of mock drafts having us take a CB - Dont be fooled
(02-03-2019, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with what you are saying, but at the same time teams have limited resources to build an entire roster.  So it is a balancing act.  We can't ignore the depth behind our starters, but we also have to get a few new starters in place before the back ups will even matter. 

This.

The only tackle under contract is injury prone and slightly above average at best.  In an ideal situation, there'd be a younger player to take his place so they could unburden themselves from his contract.  They need 1 tackle for the immediate future and probably 2 for the long term, not to mention a backup swing guy.  

There are 2 starting corners under control.  They drafted 2 backup corners last year.  Adding to that, corners take time to develop in almost every case with this team.  They need to get a guy in round 1 that can help right away at either OL or LB, maybe even TE.  Drafting for depth in round 1 is a luxury this team does not have right now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I see a lot of mock drafts having us take a CB - Dont be fooled - samhain - 02-03-2019, 03:16 PM