Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Lombardi's Take on Zac Taylor (Homers Beware)
(02-18-2019, 01:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I see a lot of people digging themselves into one side or the other. Not sure why that's such a big thing these days. I liked the Taylor hire and still do. That said, I'm still able to be objective about things. Even though I like Taylor, I realize that his resume is skimpy at best, and pretty ugly outside of LA. Nepotism fast tracked him to the NFL. This doesn't mean he can't be a great HC - he very well could be - but as Nate said, these are red flags.

The DC search is a mess. Taylor should've had a short list coming in, so we should've had our guy quickly. Brian Flores (hired at the same time) finished his staff 10 days ago.

Can Taylor still be a success? Of course! Can we still find a solid DC? Yep. But I fully understand the grumblings right now. We have a very young, very green HC and his first impression is we're struggling to fill a very important coaching spot. It is what it is. The seasons not over and Taylor's not a failure, but if he does fail, this can and will be something we look back at.

I understand the grumblings too.....but can we at least stick to FACTS?  That's my gripe.  Lombardi doesn't even know the timeline!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Lombardi's Take on Zac Taylor (Homers Beware) - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-19-2019, 10:18 AM