Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through
(02-18-2019, 05:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Because multiple people here have identified situations where suicide was not about "being selfish".  So it probably would not be a good idea to start attacking people who disagree with you on this point.

Are you also going to line up the family member of the thousands of ex-military men who are committing suicide every day and tell them how all those guys were weak cowards and not as great as you are because you didn't take the easy way out?

You have suffered a lot physically Brad, but there are a lot of things you still don't understand.  You have never promised a wife or children that you would support them.  You have never been traumatized by war.  You have never suffered from mental illness.  Maybe you don't realize the burden of taking care of another person because you have never even been responsible for supporting yourself.

I really don't think you are as big of an expert on life and suicide as you think.  So if you do want to talk about suicide just make sure you talk about people in your specific situation and don't make broad generalizations about things you don't understand.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Brad/Fred threads=best threads. 

For the record, characterizing all suicides as "selfish" and "the easy way out" is a grossly narrow-minded and ignorant position on an extraordinarily complex issue. And invoking the divine in a public school on anything other than a personal level (implying there might be consequences to not believing in the divine) is also irresponsible at best. I feel like you should be able to put together a great presentation on overcoming adversity and taking responsibility for one's own actions without imposing unnecessarily on children.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through - CKwi88 - 02-18-2019, 06:28 PM