Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first mock ever w/ 2 FA additions
In a perfect world the Bengals will open their pocket books for Zac Taylor's first year as HC. They might not go after the biggest names in free agency, but they can add two quality starters if they want to.

In my scenario they sign RT Daryl Williams and OLB Kwon Alexander. That will really help open up the draft for the Bengals. It's speculated that the Bengals should receive multiple 6th round compensatory picks so I'll add them to this draft too.

Round 1. DT Ed Oliver - Houston

While I would love to have Devin White, I don't believe he will make it to the Bengals at 11. Oliver is an explosive pass rusher that can learn from the Atkins. Imagine having Dunlap, Atkins, Oliver and Lawson rushing the QB on third down. Also, Geno isn't getting any younger and Oliver will help ease the transition as Atkins gets older.

Round 2. LB Mack Wilson - Alabama

It's no secret the Bengals linebackers were awful last year. Opposing teams routinely picked on them. With Preston Brown and possibly Vontaze Burfict gone, the Bengals would be smart to bring in more than one linebacker. Kwon Alexander and Mack Wilson can help bring speed and tenacity to the middle of the field.

Round 3. TE Jace Sternberger - Texas A&M

With Tyler Eifert, Tyler Kroft and CJ Uzomah all free agents this year, the Bengals need to address the tight end position. While I believe they will resign at least one of them, that still leaves a big hole to fill. Enter Jace Sternberger. At 6'4 250 Sternberger is an underrated athlete who has soft hands and excels up the seam. Also a YAC monster. Caught 10 touchdowns last season. I can see him sneaking into the second round after the draft process is all said and done.

Round 4. G Ben Powers - Oklahoma

At 6'4 313lbs Powers is a physical blocker who doesn't shy away from contact. While he does need his technique refined a bit, he makes up for it with his power. Could be a mid round gem in the way that Clint Boling was. Should compete with Westerman for RG.

Round 5. RT Kaleb Mcgary - Washington

A monster of a right tackle at 6'7 318lbs, McGary turned heads at the Senior Bowl. Strong as an ox, he uses that strength to his advantage in the run game. Of all the picks I've made so far this one screams too late. There's a solid chance he goes earlier. If that's the case I'd have no problem flipping this pick and the Powers pick.

Round 6. QB Tyree Jackson - Buffalo

Tyree Jackson probably has the strongest arm in this draft class, but has concerning accuracy issues. He probably should have stayed another year at Buffalo. I'd love to see what Van Pelt could do with him.

Round 6. WR Terry McLaurin - Ohio State

Another guy who turned heads at the Senior Bowl. Precise route runner with burner speed. Can also be a special teams ace. He would make Cody Core and possibly Auden Tate dispensable.

Round 6. CB Jimmy Moreland - James Madison University

Whether or not the Bengals resign Dennard a team cannot have enough good corner. Moreland is a willing tackler and always has a knack for being around the ball despite being a smaller sized corner. Would be good option as nickel guy. Had 12 interceptions his last two years.

Round 7. RB Devine Ozigbo - Nebraska

One of my favorite late round prospects, Ozigbo wasn't invited to the combine which may cause him to fall to the draft. At 6'0 236lbs Ozigbo has great footwork and an above average burst when he hits the hole. The Mark Walton pick was a head-scratcher and even more so now with his off field issues. Ozigbo can take over as the third running back on the depth chart, but with even more upside than Walton. I believe he could even be a lead back in the NFL if injuries occurred to either Mixon or Bernard.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
My first mock ever w/ 2 FA additions - MentalRage - 02-18-2019, 06:44 PM