Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers Screw Up Another One!
(03-09-2019, 03:32 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I know you want to believe that Brown holds all the cards because of your hatred for the Steelers, but don't lose your common sense over it. This is NOTHING like the Bell situation. Brown is STILL under contract for 3 more years. When Bell did his crap, he wasn't under contract. Bell at least had the decency to play out his contract. I admire him for that. He wasn't under any contract to the Steelers to play for them. Bell is still under contract and thinks he should now get guaranteed money when he's still playing on a contract. The Steelers could fine him for not showing up and suspend him for a rules violation if he gives up. They could make up a rule that he broke to suspend him. Yes, it would be dirty on their part, but it's a way to get money back if they feel he's trying to screw them over. It would be his word against their theirs. The bottom line is, he has a contract, and unless he wants to sit out 3 years, he better stop screwing up any trades or come prepared to play for the Steelers.

The league has never gave money back to a team because a player didn't produce. The contract is for what he has done in the past. If he outperforms the contract he doesn't get extra money. I hope they give him the 12 million so I can watch the shit storm. Concussion, hamstring, flu can't be disproven. Subtraction by distraction 2.0  The Steelers almost lost to the Bengals because of it. How many games will it cost the Steelers next year?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Steelers Screw Up Another One! - BFritz21 - 03-08-2019, 01:11 PM
RE: Steelers Screw Up Another One! - McC - 03-08-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: Steelers Screw Up Another One! - McC - 03-08-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Steelers Screw Up Another One! - McC - 03-09-2019, 02:16 PM
RE: Steelers Screw Up Another One! - McC - 03-09-2019, 07:27 PM
RE: Steelers Screw Up Another One! - jason - 03-10-2019, 10:02 AM
RE: Steelers Screw Up Another One! - jason - 03-13-2019, 02:07 AM