Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would You Feel About Bengals Taking an OT in Round 1
Going off of what they have addressed in free agency thus far, it certainly would appear as if they might be planning to go OT or CB at the top of the draft. More specifically, franchise LT of the future. I say that because I can't imagine that they feel completely secure with Cordy Glenn, given his injury history and performance. Even when healthy, Glenn looked decent but not dominating as a pass protector, and I would describe his run blocking as "fair to middling". Additionally, they currently have two (2) offensive tackles on the roster, I believe that they typically carry four, or at least 3 and a player that can play G or T.

At CB, obviously the perceived lack of urgency in re-upping Dennard speaks rather loudly that either they don't think he's worth the type of money that he's looking for, or that they just plan on going a different direction. Signing McRae and Webb are nice depth signings, but I feel like they still need a starting slot/nickel CB. Unless they surprise, and make a signing soon, that leaves the draft. I can't see them going CB at the top, as OT is (in my opinion) the bigger need, so I would say (barring any unforeseen trades) a CB taken in the 2nd or even 3rd round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Would You Feel About Bengals Taking an OT in Round 1 - SunsetBengal - 03-17-2019, 09:06 AM