Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-06-2019, 12:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It is the same talent that they have had for the last three straight losing seasons, just three years older now.

Also keep in mind that we as fans tend to overrate the players on our team. (Everyone does it for their team, it's not Bengals-fan exclusive. There were some crazy Patriots fans saying Julian Edelman > AJ Green relatively recently.)

They haven't drafted a single Pro Bowler in the last 5 years. The only Pro Bowler they have drafted in the last 7 years was Tyler Eifert, who has started 5 games in the last 3 years. Then you tack on their FA approach and it's not a recipe for success.

While they do have some talent, I would point out that it's nowhere near as much as we like to think. A lot of that talent has gotten older/left, and simply not been replaced with equal levels of talent.

I would add that we have had 22 picks in the last two years and of the players that are left many have not made an impact. If the coaches can be better than the ML staff at maximizing their talent we will make some ground up. If the player are busts we are as good as starting over.

No Pro Bowlers in 5 years is horrid.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - I_C_DeadPeople - 04-06-2019, 12:45 PM