Poll: Who would you rather have?
Rashan Gary
Christian Wilkins
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Wilkins or Rashan Gary?
(04-17-2019, 07:21 PM)yang Wrote: I haven't been high on Wilkins at all and have been surprised at the love. I looked to see if it was just me and at least Tags over at FantasyPros agrees with me.

41. Christian Wilkins DT (Clemson)
Many believed that Wilkins should have come to the NFL last year, but he chose to stay at Clemson for one more year. My issue with Wilkins is that he can easily be directed in the direction a lineman wants him to go in the run-game. Wilkins is definitely a better pass-rusher than run-stuffer, but we also must remember that he was surrounded by tons of playmakers on that defensive line. He does a good job of getting his hands up when he can't get to the quarterback. I'd prefer to see him as a defensive end in a 3-4 defense rather than an interior lineman. His Combine performance was mediocre.

I think is more in line with all of us on Gary

20. Rashan Gary DT (Michigan)
There seems to be two sides to Gary, as some believe he was a disappointment at Michigan, while others believe he was playing out of position and misused much of the time. The concern is that he may be stuck in-between a defensive tackle and an edge rusher. He's a good athlete, so I'd prefer him to drop a few pounds and move to a base end in a 4-3 defense, though it's good to know he has versatility to play anywhere on the defensive line. He has enough strength to drive linemen back but would like to see a bit more closing speed at the point of tackle. He seems like a solid player to me, though not elite. He made a great impression at the NFL Combine, showing off his athleticism.

Who is Tags at Fantasy Pros?

PFF had Wilkins as their third-highest ranked college player from 2018. He received a score of 93.0 and was rated very high against both the pass and run.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-top-101-best-college-football-players-in-2018

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-2019-nfl-draft-profile-di-christian-wilkins-clemson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Christian Wilkins or Rashan Gary? - ochocincos - 04-17-2019, 09:50 PM