Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have got to get me one of these!
(04-16-2019, 11:22 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I actually shoot all rifles or shotguns left handed, pool also. My father was a lefty and he taught me that way. I use to drive a certain Range Captain mad when I shot... Handguns are a whole different thing, right handed for me. 
.50, what the hell you gonna destroy??  Hilarious

(04-16-2019, 11:28 AM)Benton Wrote: Outstanding Western. Loved the ending.

Weird "he's a lefty" side note. Most of the lefties I know shoot right handed. My dad taught me how to shoot. He's a lefty, but shoots right handed. I asked him why he taught me that way, he just shrugged and said that's how his dad taught him (he was also left-handed).

I was a gunners mate in the Navy and we were qualifying new guys for the security alert team. They had to qualify with all the small arms to be on it. 1911, M-14, and 870. This guy steps up to the line with the M-14 .308 of course, they got 5 practice rounds. Fire when ready... he shoots and yells ouch, I'm like whats wrong ? He says "nothing". I'm like ok, fire when ready. Boom - "oh shit". I said what the hell are you doing ? He seemed to be in proper stance. I was off to the side a bit so next round I got more behind him and he got ready and I yelled cease fire !

He was shooting right handed using his left eye basically laying his mouth /cheek across the top of the stock and it was belting him good ! I said why the hell are you shooting like that ? He says it's how I learned with dad's .22, I'm left eye dominant. I'm like this isn't a .22 you're gonna have to learn left handed or use your right eye. You're gonna need a trip to the dentist if you continue like this.

He ended up learning to use his right eye, he was right handed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have got to get me one of these! - bengalfan74 - 04-16-2019, 01:32 PM