Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers)
I like all the twist and turns so far. But cramming them in the span that they have is completely opposite of the show in previous seasons. And it is killing the season with things happening as if they just want to finish the show up as fast as possible.

Its like Dany going mad. I get that, they have dropped little hints and clues along the way she can have a darker side to ruling. And I have no problem with her going batshit mass murderer crazy. But the bells were ringing, city was hers, and all that was left was Cersei in the Keep. Was it because Cersei had her best friend servant executed? Dany was the breaker of chains, freed slaves and all. But one servant head is chopped, she kills 100s of thousands of innocents? Makes no sense. At least throw something in there that when the bells were ringing, some hidden away scorpions appear shooting at her, and then she snaps. Something, but another example of cramming to finish the show.

(05-13-2019, 08:34 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: So many issues of the writing could be alleviated, if not downright resolved, with just a simple line of dialogue thrown in.

Bran is all-powerful yet seemingly useless? Have some line where he says that the three eyed Raven doesn't interfere (directly even) in the affairs of men, and send him to chill in a tree north of the wall.

Scorpions that seemed to have heat seeking arrows last episode can't hit jack this episode? Have Qyburn mention something along the lines of "well we used that Gambit, but failed to get both dragons while Dany didn't know and was surprised by the scorpions, now we're boned."

They're hardly brilliant solutions but hell, it's like how getting a 60 on an assignment is worlds better than getting a 0, even if the 60 sucks.

That said, I think the only two things that truly bothered me about the episode was the Euron-Jaime fight and going back to the well too many times with the "did one of those 6 buildings fall on Arya this time?" It was quite a ride.

Bran's storyline since Hodor was so anti-climatic. The only purpose he has served was to be bait for the NK, thats it. This episode I was hoping perhaps when Euron was looking up at the clouds, he would see millions of ravens coming at them to distract the scorpions as Dany flew in to blow them up. That would have been so much better and made her attack believable considering just before 5 scorpion shots hit one of her dragons 3 times killing it, where this episode literally dozens of scorpions couldnt hit once.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - Millhouse - 05-13-2019, 12:01 PM