Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers)
(05-13-2019, 12:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I like all the twist and turns so far. But cramming them in the span that they have is completely opposite of the show in previous seasons. And it is killing the season with things happening as if they just want to finish the show up as fast as possible.

Its like Dany going mad. I get that, they have dropped little hints and clues along the way she can have a darker side to ruling. And I have no problem with her going batshit mass murderer crazy. But the bells were ringing, city was hers, and all that was left was Cersei in the Keep. Was it because Cersei had her best friend servant executed? Dany was the breaker of chains, freed slaves and all. But one servant head is chopped, she kills 100s of thousands of innocents? Makes no sense. At least throw something in there that when the bells were ringing, some hidden away scorpions appear shooting at her, and then she snaps. Something, but another example of cramming to finish the show.

Bran's storyline since Hodor was so anti-climatic. The only purpose he has served was to be bait for the NK, thats it. This episode I was hoping perhaps when Euron was looking up at the clouds, he would see millions of ravens coming at them to distract the scorpions as Dany flew in to blow them up. That would have been so much better and made her attack believable considering just before 5 scorpion shots hit one of her dragons 3 times killing it, where this episode literally dozens of scorpions couldnt hit once.

Agree on all fronts. The broad strokes of the story are there and are all valid but are moving at the speed of light. For a show that used to move so deliberately, it's an odd shift.

I have to assume that Bran and Sansa will have something to do with the finale. But at this point it will be hard to do anything very satisfying with Bran.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - CKwi88 - 05-13-2019, 12:35 PM