Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers)
(05-15-2019, 06:21 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: They ran out of runway, except there's really no excuse for it.  "People in rooms talking" can be great drama and writing, but eventually plans have to be put into motion.  Even last year they were still often moving along slowly and including a lot of non-critical scenes.  

It was pretty clear the show wasn't going to be prematurely canceled, so the outline of the last 4-5 seasons should have been mapped out and plotted much better.  For example, look at all the time devoted to Theon - does the GoT suffer, at all, with no Theon?  Heck did the show really even need the Iron Islands, much less Euron?

Is there another way to blow-up the Sept without all the time devoted to the Red Sparrow?  What point did Dorne serve other than fan service to book readers? 

Actors don't generally like to stick around for years and years.  Even if RR had finished the books, GoT was NEVER going to not rush clumsily to the ending given all the ancilliary sidebars they wasted time on.

I'm pretty happy that we'll get one ending that I think will be pretty good and satisfactory despite all the holes.  And plenty of motivation to read the book for what I hope will be a much better, and significantly different, ending.

just so you know we are never gonna get that book ending.....    Its been 8 years now since the last one.  And he already had 400+ pages pushed back into the next book when 5 came out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - XenoMorph - 05-15-2019, 06:41 PM