Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas?
(04-28-2019, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Getting some solid play from Malik Jefferson would be huge.

You guys know I am a "Never judge a player after just one season" type of guy, but the concern with Malik are the guys who kept him on the bench.  Jefferson only played 11 snaps on defense.  Our LBs were horrid and he still could not get any playing time.

(04-28-2019, 06:25 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Did the other players keep him on the bench or did the coaching staff keep him on the bench? I know it has been argued by many that Lewis did not like to put rookies on the field. Also, was it a lack of coaching that kept him from taking a starting spot or at least getting more snaps?

From what I understand Malik Jefferson still struggled with the mental aspects but under Darrin Simmons on special teams. I'd say him struggling on special teams was a factor in not seeing time at Linebacker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas? - Synric - 04-28-2019, 06:29 PM