Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFT - AJ Green enjoying life with an offensive-minded head coach
(05-02-2019, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The team sure looked stale under Marv that is for sure. Lot of excitement is what i am seeing and hearing now. Always thought Marv stuck his nose in the Offense far too much, this lends credence to that. I always said he should stick to what he knows best, too bad he didn't know that Austin didn't know what the hell he was doing.

Marv didn't know what he didn't know what he didn't know...

I agree that he stuck his nose too much in the offense, which is obvious with seasons like '09, when Marvin wanted to be more run-based to control the games, so he just had Bratkowski run the ball way too much and it became predictable.  Part of that obviously also falls on Bratkowski for not being intelligent enough to switch it up or a strong enough personality to stand up to Marvin and say "we need to change this."  All of that really boils down to Marvin's lack of vision and originality.

Let's also not forget the age difference between ML and ZT because the age and era or football plays a big difference.  Marvin comes from a time when football was a lot simpler and more defensive-oriented.  His entire generation was more conservative.  Taylor's only 363 days younger than I am, so his view and philosophy on how the game should be played is obviously very different and he'll want to be aggressive, energetic, and creative.

It's an exciting year to be a Bengals fan!  Everyone is writing us off and crowning the Browns as champs and putting us at the bottom below the Steelers and Ravens, but we're going to make some noise!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFT - AJ Green enjoying life with an offensive-minded head coach - BFritz21 - 05-02-2019, 04:22 PM