Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saved by the $$/Not Saved by $$
Sometimes fans look at these cap numbers and forget just how valuable a player actually is or isn't to the team. An example is Dalton.. Not to much cap money if cut, but then what do you do with a 4th round QB and a scrub who started last year as a starter? It doesn't really make a lot of sense to be talking about potential dollars and sense savings for cutting a guy you know with near certainty he will be starting game one and hopefully the entire season...the same applies to Geno and others. These are at best playing the 'what if' game of 'what if' say Findley suddenly shows he's by far the best QB in the league which is HIGHLY doubtful.. Or 'what if" Geno for some reason decided to ...oh, I don't know.. get arrested for raping a 10 year old kid right at Fountain Square... 
I get it.. You want to discuss the numbers and all that, but with certain players it just doesn't add up to even discuss cutting them..  I can certainly see the discussion with guys such as Redmond, Willis, Nickerson, etc., but not our front line starters whose jobs are safer than anyone on the team..
Dalton, Geno, Dunlap, Mixon, AJ, etc., are not getting cut without some kind of complete meltdown on their part(s) ..One or more MIGHT get traded, but that's also doubtful knowing Mike Brown's modus operandi .. He doesn't like flesh trading as he once called it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Saved by the $$/Not Saved by $$ - Luvnit2 - 05-02-2019, 11:18 AM
RE: Saved by the $$/Not Saved by $$ - grampahol - 05-02-2019, 05:47 PM