Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest difference we’ll see this year and why I’m so pumped.
(05-07-2019, 06:47 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In Andy Dalton’s first few seasons that’s exactly how it happened especially in 2015 when Hue Jackson was offensive coordinator.  If memory serves, Hue did the offensive play calling but Andy had the autonomy to change the play at the line if he saw a better opportunity.  I think Jay Gruden ran the offense much the same way.

The no huddle offense needs to be used more, not less.  

My hope is Zac Taylor will give Andy the same autonomy he once had to change called plays if necessary.  Andy is terrific at reading defenses and he can see more on the field than Zac can see from the sideline.  When Andy was drafted I recall Jon Gruden saying he was perfect in this type of offense, citing Andy’s audible ability at TCU gave Cincinnati a “check with me” type quarterback.

There’s a distinct possibility Andy Dalton might be in the MVP conversation in 2019 like he was in 2015. If the new offensive line can keep him upright he’ll tear the Bengals’ opponents apart.

He has been in the league long enough, and he is good enough to call the correct play... BUT will he really grasp the playbook by then? And will the rest of the offense be able to understand it?

What I am getting at... how long does it take teams to really grasp a completely different playbook? 1 full season? 8 games? We have our bye after week 8 iirc...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest difference we’ll see this year and why I’m so pumped. - PAjwPhilly - 05-07-2019, 10:31 AM