Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN projections. Good news. Bad News.
(05-08-2019, 08:39 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I mean, this isn't close to the best Bengal team we've had in the past few years, but how good were the Bengals last year before all the injuries?  Too many people are sleeping on Cincy.  6 wins? GTFO.  I'd say the over under would be more accurate at 8 to 9.

My best guess is they see we had the worst defense last year and we moved from a defensive-minded HC to an offensive-minded one and then took a long time to find a DC and both our HC and DC could very well have growing pains since they are being thrown into the fire like a Cleveland Browns QB.

6 wins seems unfathomable, because we had that good start and then had a lot of injuries...so I get the skepticism.  Still, we had Dalton and Green for a disappointing 2017 season, so I can see why people aren't going to automatically say that Dalton and Green plus and HC who isn't Marvin automatically means 8+ wins.

Then again, we were what...1-5 in the division last year?  So it's not really like the idea that the rest of the AFC North improved can be credited with them predicting 6 wins.  Meh.  In short, I can see why people aren't high on the Bengals but yea, 6 wins seems a little severe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN projections. Good news. Bad News. - Nately120 - 05-08-2019, 11:15 PM