Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thing ZT is missing in copying the Rams model
(05-12-2019, 07:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I've read multiple times how the Bengals are drafting to become the Rams. Sample - a blocking TE in Round 2. A physical team I keep hearing. And perhaps we are.

I also see Marvin being compared to Jeff Fisher and how Fisher left and McVay came in the Rams started winning. Like McVay came in, inherited the same exact Roster and started winning...which isn't accurate.

Well...the Rams also added some really good players in free agency.

Before McVay's 1st year they added: Whitworth and Sullivan on the offensive line. The line was a big issue for the Rams in Fishers tenure.
They added Kayvon Webster at QB. Robert Woods at WR. They traded for Watkins at WR.

IF you added 2 quality offensive lineman to the Bengals roster and a couple good WR's and a decent CB...WOW.

The Bengals added Hart, Miller, and Webb as external free agents. None of which are major upgrades. We did also retain some of our own as the Rams did.

Then, the next year they added Suh, Easley, and Ramik Wilson.

Draft: I'm sure I'll hear people counter the well the Bengals added Jonah Williams via the draft. And we did. But, the Rams draft too. Hilarious

In 2017, they added Gerald Everett and Cooper Kupp and Josh Reynolds at WR.

So yes....every team adds talent through the draft. The difference seems to be free agency.

While I do think McVay is very smart, he also had a better roster to work with than Fisher did due to free agency additions.

I have heard this referenced about us becoming the Rams, i don't think this is the case as i think Taylor is just using his experience with the Rams and bringing THAT here. We already have a couple really good Receivers in AJ Green and Tyler Boyd, we also have Ross who might blow up soon enough and be a good one. We DID add Jonah Williams in the Draft, the best OT in the Draft. John Miller and Hart in FA and while i was not thrilled with this FA it did enough maybe.

Brought in Pratt to fill that cover LB weakness, added Sample to help out the O-line, Dalton and our very talented RB in Mixon.

We might not be as far off as you allude Pistons especially if the coaching is better then last year which i bet it is especially on the Defensive side. Adding Jonah and Miller helps out Turner and Price should be much better in his sophomore year at Center.

Having an offensive minded coach instead of a defensive minded one helps the Offense right there.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One thing ZT is missing in copying the Rams model - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-14-2019, 04:44 PM