Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Is Five Years Behind College?!
(05-14-2019, 06:55 PM)NKURyan Wrote: It is a strange relationship between college and professional football, though. They're practically different games in a lot of ways, and as a person who is primarily an NFL fan it's frustrating because we get a bunch players that aren't always ready/prepared to play the NFL game (especially on the o-line, IMO) and it waters down the game. I don't think it's any coincidence blocking is so bad across the league.

I can't fault the college coaches for running the systems they do - they get paid to win, not necessarily to prepare guys for the NFL game.

And with the money the big time college coaches are making now, I don't see much changing unfortunately.  I hate college overtime, and hope it never sees the light of day in the NFL.  I would actually vote to do away with the two point conversion rule myself, at least in the NFL.  Short of that, I think the ball should be placed at the five yard line instead of the two- especially since the ball is spotted at the 15 just for a single point now.  

I'm afraid of what the college game is five years behind.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Is Five Years Behind College?! - ElkValleyBengal - 05-14-2019, 07:12 PM