Poll: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
11 and 5 or better - Zac must match or beat Sean McVay’s 1st year as a Head Coach
10 and 6 - would tell me Zac is for real & an up and coming Head Coach; no lower
9 and 7 - Zac wins more than he loses signals a bright future; low as I’ll go
8 and 8 - Zac winning 50% of games 1st year is not a bad sign; I’d still believe
7 and 9 - Zac must at least do better than Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
6 and 10 - Zac must at least match Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
5 and 11 or worse - is ok year 1 since all New Staff & Zac’s first year as a Head Coach
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
(06-07-2019, 10:21 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Logically there is doubt/gray area for a coach that has never been an NFL head coach anywhere.

This team is one of only a few that hasn't won in post-season in decades.

That's why it's surprising that people in this poll accept loss and still feel okay with it when most key positions have decent starters in place.

I could only see this if they aren't supporters of Dalton and don't think he can win despite coaching.

Then yes.  You can accept losing until Zac gets his QB and feel okay with it.

So Zac comes in as the next Sean Mcvay (so to speak) with the young, innovator label; yet that is overshadowed by his lack of Head Coaching experience which is then further over-shadowed by him taking over a Mike Brown team that hasn't won in the Post season in decades.

Fans weigh all of this and set a fairly low bar for Zac to jump over in year one even though he has inherited some decent veteran starters to work with.

Since Mike Brown isn't going anywhere & Zac will be given time by fans to get his feet wet as a New Head Coach; the lightning rod for a poor 2019 team performance will likely be Dalton.

Zac will probably like working with Dalton & vice versa which could lead to Zac wanting to commit to Dalton longer term even if 2019 didn't go that well for the team & especially if it does go well.  -OR-  In 2020, Fans may clamor for that young rookie QB which Zac could be tempted to take in order to put his own personal Stamp on the team and to take some pressure to win soon off of him should 2019 not go well.

Zac may have to decide whether to make a larger financial commitment to Dalton with an extension or get a rookie QB on that rookie contract to set up a really new dey.

Cincy fans seem ready to remain patient based on the circumstances they get presented with & a rookie QB would signal the need for even more fan patience.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about ... - depthchart - 06-07-2019, 11:06 AM